Objectified

Reflection

This video was very unusual in the way it presents itself into the insight of industrial design.
It really showed the relationship and the level of interaction between the designer, the product and the consumer through many people’s experience. Objects that we surround ourselves with are very personal, a personal choice. We tend to want to express ourselves with the objects that we have, generally speaking, people will tend to look at people and judge them based on their possessions.

“Every Object, intentional or not, speaks to who put it there”

Each object is designed with a specific purpose, therefore every little thing about the object is thought out and planned. Often today we don’t think or acknowledge these things, we merely use it. Every object that is created, big of small, there is always a story that could be told behind it, but these stories, will never be told.

“Ways to improve the way people do things, without have them really think about it”

Inspiring quote to say the least, this is what we as designers should aim for, helping people and making them learn without them knowing about it. People are getting more and more busy these days and don’t usually take the time to sit down to learn something new.

“We designers have been working to stimulate people’s souls and minds”

This is the quote that I am going to remember the most as I have grown accustomed to this. As a kid, I never really looked at a product as a product, but a value and how much it is worth but this quote changed all that, I just don’t look at a product as a product, I look at it as something that we as designers have created for people.

The video concludes with Sustainability and quoting that it is huge issue now and should really be taken seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment